511 Rehabilitation Exercises
Recovering from an injury or painful condition can be hard. At Dewald Chiropractic in Palmdale, CA, we are here to help. We offer chiropractic care, nutritional wellness, physiotherapy, and massage therapy. In addition to our variety of healing techniques, we also offer rehabilitation exercises. These can help bring back your body’s full range of motion and prevent future injuries.
What Are Rehabilitation Exercises?
Rehabilitation is a chiropractic practice where our chiropractor will give you exercises aimed at bringing back your fully functioning movement abilities. In particular, this therapy aims to reduce disability and optimize functioning for people who have health conditions that hinder them from doing simple activities. When choosing the exercises, our chiropractor might focus on one joint or target two muscle groups at the same time. The rehabilitation program will need your active participation to give you a more rapid and comfortable recovery period.
Benefits of Rehabilitation Exercises
The rehabilitation exercises that our chiropractor provides can benefit you in several ways, including:
- Lessening pain so that you can enjoy your life without any discomfort
- Strengthen your muscles to reduce your risk of accidents and falls
- Help to restore your pre-accident or illness mobility and function
- Improve your flexibility and coordination for easier movement and better mobility
- Minimize swelling in the affected muscles and joints
- Help in improving your endurance so that you gain the ability and strength to complete physical rehabilitation
- Help in reducing the intensity and frequency of muscle spasms
- Correct posture issues
- Help in the detoxification process
To enhance such benefits of rehabilitation exercises, we may also include other holistic approaches, including chiropractic adjustments.
Common Reasons for Needing Rehabilitation
Most people need rehabilitative exercises to address specific things, such as:
- Age-related issues such as osteoporosis or arthritis
- Vascular conditions and diabetes
- Improper body balance
- Prevent or recover from sports injuries
- To get relief for muscle and joint pains
- Improve mobility
Benefits of Drug-Free Pain Relief
All of our treatment methods are natural, non-invasive, and drug-free. Drug-free pain relief options provide the building of a routine that helps to develop good life-long habits for stress and pain management.
In most cases, you can combine drug-free pain management options. For instance, you can receive both laser therapy and physical therapy, leading to a powerful combination for restoring a range of motion or pain relief.
Other natural pain relief techniques, such as massage, electrical nerve stimulation, joint mobilization, and rehabilitation exercises, have little to no side effects when compared to other methods of pain relief, including medication and surgery.
Drug-free pain relief techniques, such as rehabilitation exercises, get to the root of the problem to alleviate the pain instead of masking the symptoms.
Contact Us Today
If you are suffering from any injury, joint pain, spinal issues, chronic pain, or other related issues, rehabilitation exercises can help you. At Dewald Chiropractic in Palmdale, CA, our team will get you back to feeling your best. To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, call us today.